Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Glamorous Film Career




Maybe some of you heard that I worked on an animated feature film while I was in college. For those of you who never heard about that: I worked on an animated feature film while I was in college.

The film in question is of course Bye-Bye Bin Laden, America's new favorite independent animated musical satire and it is now available for purchase or for rent!

It available for rent on netflix, where I am delighted to say that it currently has a 2 and a half star rating (delighted because that proves that people who didn't work on film are now watching it!)




(left to right: Me, Dave Perry, Christine Rhee, Scott Sublett, Zach Knoles)

The film was a great experience (crazy, yes, but definitely great.) I was one of the first people on the project and I got the chance to be involved in every stage of production from script to the dvd release. I have credits for storyboards, animation and co-producer and I learned so much from writer/director Scott Sublett and especially animation/art director Dave Perry, not to mention the whole crew, some of whom are my closest friends.

Here's a nice article about the release.

The movie is unrated, by the way, but I would probably describe it as a hard PG-13. Definitely some edgy confrontational humor but if you are into something irreverent and indy and you don't mind being reminded that George Bush was president check it out.

No comments: